Friday, August 20, 2010

Swapalicious!

Today was the big hand over. 
Rachal and I both dumped ourselves on Kelli's doorstep, demanded coke, cake and sweet tea and then proceeded to rifle through her bits and pieces......sounds naughty, doesn't it!
For entertainment she laid on a handsome half naked male, or as we knowledgeable women call it, a pre-schooler that can't pull his pants up yet. 
The music was catchy too and I noticed that we were all humming the tune to Wallace and Grommit as we left. 
I found myself with a totally captivated audience, in fact every word I uttered was met with adoration........from her new dog!
Both Rachal and I bullied Kelli until she gave in and attempted to teach us both how to crochet. I, of course, was a model student but Rachal on the other hand had the bad manners to be left handed so Kelli had to turn herself inside out and back to front in a vain attempt to educate the cack handed one. This is my magnificent start....See the sharp corners.......see the colour change........see and admire the tribble stitch I learnt.


What! It's a bit wonky! It's a "triple" stitch?! Blimey....you're so picky!


But you're not here to find out what we talked about (btw...we talked about you, wouldn't you like to know what was said now.) You want to see the swap don't you!
Well, my end was to quilt a quilt for Kelli's mum, here it is.....



It was a dream to quilt as it was all squared up nicely, no rippling borders.




But I've saved the best for last. This is what Kelli did for me......




Yes, she spray painted my sewing machine cover! Isn't it brilliant! I do have a habit of over doing the exclamation mark but blooming heck, it's absolutely fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!!
Look, even the back got a girlie girl!




Go on, admit it, you're totally jealous. I know you are cos even my hubby is! He wants me to convince Kelli to paint his computer cover now. I feel another deal in the making!

7 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I haven't over done the exclamation marks!! That is the coolest sewing machine cover!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic - as does the quilt you quilted! Sounds like you all had a fab day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, i was there too! i feel famous! and you spelt my name right!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a Fun Day...Great Job on the Crocheting...that sewing cover is AWESOME!!!!!!!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the quilt and sewing machine cover look fantastic. Might have to have a think if there is anything I can swap with Kelli to get mine done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is the most awesomest sewing machine cover ever!!!! I have to find me a friend like that Kelli, She sounds so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! Awesome sewing machine cover! That's so incredible!! I love the crochet sample too - and you said you could not crochet!

    ReplyDelete