What's it like where you are? It's hot and humid here, and most nights lately have been disturbed by one pesky mosquito that wakes me up by buzzing past my ear.
I've found that there are three courses of action that can be taken when in this situation.....
1. Bury yourself deeply under the covers and hope that "someone" else is woken too as he will always get out of bed, find it and kill it. This has two drawbacks as firstly it gets really hot under those covers and secondly, he often sleeps through mozzie attacks.
2. Hope the the mozzie will settle for the less than sweet blood of my husbands (mine is chocolate laced....no wonder they like it!) and then once fed it should let me sleep.
3. Get out of bed and find the mozzie spray.
What would you do? I go with number one every time. I bury my head and hope it goes away....hmmm, makes me sound like an ostrich!
Anyway, in the hope that one day I'll get to finish most of my ufo's I managed to complete my Wrenly quilt top....though my youngest daughter wants me to call it "Through the Window".... Actually, I think I quite like that name.
And as for my embroideries, well....!
Two things happened.
1. (I'm so into lists tonight!) I got in touch with the lovely Kate from Lilipopo as I adore her pretty embroideries and pictures and she gave me permission to use some of her pics to be embroidered for my "thirties" quilt! Yes, it does have a chance of being finished now. Now, make sure you pop over and look at what she's doing because she's just so very talented.
Here's what I came up with....
More on that theme to come.....
2. Oh, and the other thing that really amused me this week was finding that my bunny (from the last post) was featured on Mr X Stitch.
Warning....it's not a site for the faint hearted, it has some very adult content. Which is why it's all the funnier that my cute bunny ended up there!
Sunday Stash #356 Hope Chest 2 by Erin Turner
18 hours ago