Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Controlled sympathy

I have a "sickie" at home today. Cough, cough....."Muu...uum", that's what I've heard all day. It's not that I'm unsympathetic, I gave her the day off of school, and made her lots of hot chocolate. 
I have been, sporadically, a "good" mum, so I know what I'm supposed to do.....except, I have a sneaky suspicion that if I make "home" too warm and cosy a place I'll never get her to go back to school. With that in mind (nothing to do with me being a completely selfish pig) I have left her to her Lego and I've had a good old sit and sew.
I'm nearly at "Whoo-Hoo" stage, just knocked out blocks 21 and 22 today. It's getting so close to being finished, well....the top at least, that I'm getting excited! 




2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Way to go Clair! (Pssst - I want to know where you get your awesome anime girls fabric from! I've only ever seen Alexander Henry's Thunder flower. Not the others you have there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing what I would do too!
    I use the whole " If you're too sick to go to school then you are too sick to do much at all, Sit quietly and rest"... while I sit and sew : )

    ReplyDelete