Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hand sewing and tadpoles.

I've realised that in life I'm a "starter," not so much a "finisher".
It's obvious why, starting is full of excitement and great expectations. Whereas finishing requires patience and perseverance.
But that's all about to change! I have decided to gird my loins (I'm actually am not too sure what that means but it does sound appropriate,) and get some finishing done.

So, with that in mind I grabbed out some unfinished projects and am refusing to put them away untill they're done.

Firstly, here are some embroideries I started and am planning to team them with some gentle 1930's in pink and yellow.



I pinched the gorgeous linen that these are emboidered on from my lovely Polish friend, Patrycja. Thank you!


Next I have some appliqué that need finishing......


But what I really want to do is.......
Chocolate, flying saucers and new fabric......does life get any better?


Today I will confess that although I have lots of 'green' intentions.....the fact that my in-ground spa is full of tadpoles is nothing to do with environmental concerns.......it's a negative energy issue. 
As the universe needs to be balanced perfectly with both positive and negative energy (yes, I watch the National Geographic channel,) there's nothing I can do about it. It's certainly nothing to do with me being too lazy to keep it clean.
Anyway, the world needs frogs!
Ribbit, ribbit.

7 comments:

  1. Oh you just HAVE to do something with those embroideries - they are WAY too cute to go back into a box or cupbaord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, those embroideries are a definite must-finish! they're oh so lov-e-ly! and i never said it was your fault you have tadpoles. nope, not i! i mean, you never know, one of them might be a prince charming in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love your embroideries!! and Ohhh I love your colourful flower!! And err what are those flying saucers, are they edible? Good luck with your loin girdling. I recently said I was going to finish all my WIPs and promptly started 2 more. Next time I'll girdle my loins, that might be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so beautiful. The little lamb is adorable!! Yum - chocolate, flying saucers and fabric ... what more cuold you want?! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These embroideries are just beautiful. I absolutely LOVE that rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Clair, These embroideries are super, that little rabbit is just as sweet as a chocolate one.
    Here is the link to your feature on mr x stitch for posterity :) http://www.mrxstitch.com/2011/11/22/too-cute-tuesday-bunny/

    Best ej

    ReplyDelete